Welcome to another personal hack of someone else’s awesome AIP friendly recipe!
Who else has had to learn to enjoy cheeseless, nightshadeless pizza while on AIP? Yeah. I though only vegans did cheeseless pizza. I thought it was pointless! But I was wrong… AIP friendly pizza is keeping me sane when all I want is a familiar, easy lunch!
I had made a bunch of leftover AIP Sandwich Rounds by Delicious Obsessions hanging out in the fridge threatening to go stale, so inspiration struck. I wanted pizza, my son wanted pizza. I had crust and a bunch of sauce and bacon. That is all.
Oo! And it fits nicely in your toaster oven!
For The Crust:
- One batch of Delicious Obsessions’ AIP Friendly Sandwich Rounds.
NOTE: I HIGHLY recommend adding 1/2 tsp baking soda. The dough will some out a little lighter and in case of overcooking, it won’t come out too tough to bite through.
- Follow instructions, adding 1/2 tsp baking soda.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for only 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool and flip over to use as crust.
Put it together:
- Flip over you rounds to use as crust.
- Add whatever AIP friendly or paleo sauce you like. I enjoy using garlic and olive oil, AIP pesto, The Primitive Homemaker’s No-Mato Sauce, and Autoimmune-Paleo’s Cherry BBQ Sauce.
- Add whatever paleo or AIP toppings you like. Bacon and sausage is always good, but sometimes leftover meats and roasted veggies are wonderfully filling. I like to chop up leftover cinnamon pork chops with pears and top the finished product with chopped salad greens and thin sliced green onions.
- Place in oven or toaster oven at 370 degrees F and bake about 5 to ten minutes until everything is nice and hot and coming together.
And that’s all it is. Simple, quick, easy. Perfect for lunch or light dinner with a nice salad. Your kids will love having their own personal pizza too. The crusts can be made any size to accommodate everyone (the above is just regular “sandwich” size), and I have actually used it to make one large round crust , which came out beautifully. Another versatile dough recipe!
Thanks for stopping by today!